Sun FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
Performance driven. Market priced.
Sun Hydraulics has just launched its new Sun FLeX™ family of competitively priced, high-performance electro-hydraulic products. These 16 completely new solenoid-operated cartridge valves and three new coils are the first products in the FLeX Series Solenoid Valves for both the mobile and industrial hydraulics markets.
Designed to outperform comparable valves in the market, FLeX Series solenoid valves deliver what you’re looking for in a range of solenoid valves:
- Consistently better pressure drop in a virtually leak-proof poppet-style valve
- Designed and tested to exceed 10-million-cycle operations
- Zinc-nickel plating standard (1000-hour salt fog) on valve and coil
- Coil options that include interchangeable low-power, high-power and hazardous location (explosion-proof) versions for expanded configuration flexibility.
- Valve and coil package that delivers a perfect market-priced solution.
The FLeX Series valves use Sun’s unique floating-style design, adding an extra layer of security in those harsh applications where torque and force can become excessive. FLeX Series products are available for order now through Price Engineering and begin shipping in January, 2018.
FLeX Performance Advantages
FLeX valves offer significant performance advantages over competitive valves. For example, the FLeX DTBF normally closed, direct-acting blocking poppet valve, like all the FLeX valves, was designed with advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation tools to optimize flow path geometries. It is coupled with a solenoid actuator that provides optimized actuation force at critical points in the valve stroke. The result, as shown in the performance curves, is the following:
- Lower pressure differential across the valve at a given flow rate
- Increased shift performance at higher pressures and flows.
- Performance Comparison – Sun’s DTBF vs Competition
In practice, this means hydraulic systems utilizing the DTBF valves will see significant improvements in both efficiency and reliability while providing higher pressures and flow rates over competitors’ products.
More from my site
Comments are closed.
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- September 2013
- July 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
to get our monthly Enews delivered to your inbox.